ORDERS, PAYMENT & PRICING
- All orders must be received in writing.
- All goods and applicable shipping charges must be paid for on a pro-forma basis. Full payment must be forwarded upon receipt of Proforma invoice to secure a dispatch date.
- Payment may be made by cheque, bank transfer or credit card. A 2.5% fee will be incurred for payment with American Express.
- In the event of an order being i) over $5000 in value and ii) dispatch date more than 2 weeks hence, a 50% deposit will be acceptable. Where a deposit has been paid to secure a shipping date balance must be received 2 weeks prior to dispatch. Any delay will result in your order being removed from the production schedule. In this instance a revised date will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Your Sales Order Confirmation will advise a dispatch date. This is based on the best available information at time of order and is subject to change.
- Prices detailed are in US Dollars and are exclusive of freight, taxes and duties.
- No minimum order quantity is required.
- Prices quoted maybe subject to change without prior notice at the sole discretion of Porta Romana.
- Porta Romana reserves the right to discontinue items without notice.
- Title to goods shall only pass when payment has been received in full.
- Orders are dispatched from our Head Office in Surrey, England.
- Please see our current schedule of shipping charges for up-to-date prices.
- All Furniture, Chandeliers and some Floor lamps require crating. Prices for crating and shipping these items will be quoted individually.
- Porta Romana reserves the right to make partial shipments.
- Where Porta Romana are responsible for shipping goods, quotes will include carriage and clearance duty but will exclude all local taxes. The payment of clearance duty by Porta Romana may be subject to change without prior notice at the sole discretion of Porta Romana.
- Customer Collections: Please note that once goods have been collected and signed for by your designated shipper they are no longer the responsibility of Porta Romana. A signature from your courier on collection confirms that they are receiving your order in good condition and that all boxes have been labelled in accordance with their specifications. Your shippers should also advise us in advance of any special documentation required and liaise with you directly regarding insurance for your shipment.
- Cancellations made after production begins will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee. The date at which production commences will vary depending on product/lead-time.
- All Porta Romana products are supplied from England thereby making the return of goods cost and risk prohibitive to both client and supplier. On this basis Porta Romana does not accept returns for reasons of unsuitability.
- In the event of receiving damaged/missing goods, and where liable, Porta Romana will endeavour to rectify the situation in as reasonable time frame as possible. Please help us by following the below procedure:
- All damages and shortages must be notified within 3 working days of receipt of goods.
- Porta Romana will not be held responsible for any damages or shortages if goods are not unpacked within 4 weeks of receipt.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any damages incurred once goods go into a storage depot.
- Porta Romana will take no responsibility for damages incurred in transit when using your own shippers. A signature from your chosen courier on collection confirms that they are receiving your order in good condition, and that the boxes have been labelled in accordance with their specifications. Your shippers should provide you with the necessary insurance policies to cover your order.
DESIGN POLICY & COPYRIGHT
- The products you are buying and marketing are exclusive designs belonging to Porta Romana. As a representative of Porta Romana in your region it is expected that you do everything within your capacity to prevent the copying of Porta Romana designs. Please do not submit design sheets featuring our products to other manufacturing companies nor to other parties who might. Please inform us of any manufacturer found to be reproducing Porta Romana products and support us in action against them if necessary. They will be breaching copyright laws and as members of ACID we actively pursue any infringement of these laws.
- Porta Romana is a Lighting Association ‘Code of Practice’ accredited company. All lighting products are made using the finest materials and wiring assembly processes are carried out and monitored to the highest standards. Unless particularly delicate features of a product design are either obvious or specifically drawn to the attention of the buyer or user, it is warranted that all such item are of contract quality and suitable for contract use.
- Porta Romana has UL standard approval to supply lighting product bearing the UL and CUL mark under the following file no’s E310263 Incandescent, Surface Mounted Luminaires E314811 Luminaires Portable.
- All products are assembled using UL listed/recognised components to a minimum standard as required by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.